A stay at Barnsley House in the heart of the Cotswolds can be as action packed as you choose!
If you’re looking for a more unique or active way to while away the hours whilst at Barnsley, take a look at our ideas below. If you’ve got an idea of something a little different that you’d like to try while you are with us, that’s no problem! Just ask one of our team and we’ll organise it for you.
- Make the most of the clear mornings or long summer evenings with a hot air balloon ride complete with a glass of Champagne.
- Enjoy a leisurely row from the source of the Thames through some picturesque Cotswold villages, and take a Barnsley House picnic hamper with you to make a day of it! Walking maps are also available at reception.
- If golf is your thing, we can recommend some excellent golf courses locally, including a golf academy, driving range and practice greens.
- The beautiful Cotswolds are wonderful to explore on horseback, and the surrounding area is well known for its public bridleways and riding centres, so whether you’re an experienced rider or a novice, there is something for you!
- Our on-site tennis court is fully equipped for anything from a quick knockabout to a three-set match – simply let us know you’d like to play and we’ll provide you with the racquets and balls.
- Polo is played at Cirencester Park during weekends in the summer months. Gates open at 12:00 noon on Sundays and Bank Holidays. If you’d like to go, let us know and we can organise all the details.
- Explore the Cotswolds villages and countryside on two wheels! We have four bicycles available free of charge and more available for a small daily fee.
- If you’re craving solitude, why not cast off your cares with a day’s fishing in the area’s private trout farms, lakes and rivers? Simply speak to reception regarding opening times and admission fees.
- For the more adventurous, try your hand at gliding for a unique perspective on the Cotswolds landscape.
- Challenge yourself with a clay pigeon shooting school in a stunning woodland setting offsite, where even the most experienced shot is provided with a challenging target! Tuition is available for beginners or practise for gun owners is available.
- Our guided walking tours will give you the advantage in exploring Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds, as we’ll equip you with experienced and knowledgeable guides who will take you on a journey of discovery through the area with all its history. Contact reception for more details.
- Tour the Cotswolds in style and at your own pace with your very own driver-guide! Michael Neilan, our Cotswolds Touring Driver-Guide, is very knowledgeable and comes highly recommended by many of Barnsley House’s guests.
When would you like to stay?
Request a brochure
Our printed glimpse at all that Barnsley House has to offer.